The Brookfield Food Pantry provides food for Brookfield residents in need. Eligibility for the pantry is determined by an intake review at the Social Services office; potential clients will be asked to verify identity, residency, income, assets and financial situation through documentation. The pantry is open Tuesday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m., Thursday evenings from 4 to 6 p.m., and other times by appointment for those who work or are in school and cannot come at the specified hours.
We gratefully accept donations of nonperishable food items and household supplies. If you choose to donate fresh vegetables and perishable items, please call Social Services as we would need to place the items in the refrigerator/freezer. We gratefully accept grocery store, pharmacy and other gift cards gift cards. Financial donations are also accepted - checks should be made payable to Brookfield Social Services and a notation made "Food Pantry".
Please leave your items in the Food Pantry Drop during normal business hours. If you need assistance with unloading, please contact our office in advance at 203-775-7312.
If you want to schedule a food drive, please contact our office at 203-775-7312.
BROOKFIELD FOOD PANTRY NEEDS
- Coffee, Tea
- Condiments: ketchup, mayo, mustard, salad dressing, and cooking oil
- Tissues, toilet paper, and paper towels
- Cleaning and laundry supplies, dish detergent
- Toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, bar soap, shampoo
- body wash, conditioners, deodorant and disposable razors
- Canned soup, ravioli, chili, tuna and stews
- Spam and any canned meats (chicken, turkey)
- Beans: baked, black, kidney, white and pinto
- Mac and cheese
- Pasta sauces
Thank you for your support and generosity!
Brookfield Social Services and Brookfield Food Pantry are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on any basis including, but not limited to: race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, or physical defects.