To provide financial and administrative support services to maintain the fiscal integrity of the Town of Brookfield.
- The Finance Department functions are performed on behalf of and in cooperation with the First Selectman and the Town Treasurer.
- The Town of Brookfield Finance Department is responsible for effectively spending and investing resources provided by the Town’s taxpayers.
- Makes payments for services of employees
- Makes payments for goods and services of vendors
- Record receipts
- Monitors all non-tax receivables and grants
- Coordinates preparation of capital and operating budgets for town departments and the Board of Education
- Provides financial progress reports to various boards and town departments
- Maintains a system of accounts used by town departments as prescribed by the Board of Finance
Capital Assets and Debt Administration:
- Arranges short-term notes and long-term bonds for operating and capital needs that are approved by the voters
- Monitors procedures to safeguard capital assets
- Administers various general liability insurance policies
- Monitors and maintains Health Insurance Fund
Generally, at the beginning of each calendar year, the Department produces a Certified Annual Financial Report (CAFR) of Brookfield’s use of these resources for the most recent fiscal year ending in June.
|Kimberly Siegrist||Town Controller||(203) 775-7308|
|Dayna Weiss||Senior Accountant||(203) 775-7308|
|Savanah Gallipoli||Accounting Clerk||(203) 775-7308|
|Yssa King||Payroll||(203) 775-7308|