Brookfield Police officers can be hired to work outside employment for the following situations:
- Traffic Control
- Crowd Control
- Security Patrol
The following table outlines the private duty rates:
|Hourly Rate||Effective July 1, 2017||Effective July 1, 2018||Effective July 1, 2019|
(Sunday-Saturday 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM)
(Between the hours of 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM OR on any Town Holiday)
Click here for a list of Town Holidays
The above rates include a 17% charge above the officer's pay to cover Social Security, Worker's Comp. and administrative fees.
- Minimum of four (4) hours will be charged for any assignment. Portions of full hours worked in excess of the minimum shall be rounded up to the next full hour, i.e. 5.25 hours shall be billed as 6 hours.
- Requests for "Extra Duty Assignments" should be made to the Records Division (203) 740-4100 between 7:00 - 2:00 Monday, and Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 - 3:00. Calls outside those hours, or if there is no answer on the Records line, should be made to the main dispatch telephone number, (203) 775-2575.
- Requests should be made as much in advance as possible and it is suggested that the requester call 48 hours prior to the requested date to ascertain if an officer has signed-up for the assignment.
- To cancel an assignment contact the Brookfield Police Department at (203) 775-2575 (at least two (2) hours prior), so notification can be made to the Officer(s) who have signed up for the assignment. Failure to make timely cancellations may require a billing of four hours (4) per Officer.
- All processing for Private Duty Jobs is done through our Records Division.
Jobs that require a Police Vehicle will be charged $22.50 per hour above the Officer rate. Vehicles may not always be available. The use of a police vehicle is billed for actual use time only.