Items to Pack If You Have to Leave Your Home
- Clothing – try to pack in plastic bags so they stay dry
- Food and water if you have to drive somewhere
- Cell phone with charger and backup battery
- Prescription and nonprescription medications
- Diaper bag for baby
- Toys and books for children
- Pets and their supplies. Water, leashes and harnesses.
- Important documents, copies of insurance policies, ID cards – All in plastic bags to stay dry.
- First-Aid Kit
- Whistle or horn to signal for help
If You Are Sheltering In Place
- Water – at least (1) one gallon daily per person for (3) three to (7) seven days.
Fill bath tubs with water for other purposes.
- Food – for at least (3) three to (7) seven days. Nonperishable packaged, canned food and juices. Food for infants or the elderly, snack food, paper plates / plastic utensils.
- Make sure you have a full tank of gas in your car and cans for your generator.
- Pet care items
- Flashlights and batteries. Portable radio and spare batteries.