What if I believe that my assessment is incorrect?

Property owners should review and confirm the field card data is correct; the Assessor can correct errors. If property owners are not satisfied with the results, they may petition for a hearing with the Board of Assessment Appeals (BAA) pursuant to Connecticut General Statute (C.G.S.) ß12-111. Applications are available online at the Town's website or in the Assessor's Office. Applications must be fully completed on the prescribed form and postmarked or hand-delivered to the Assessor's office on or before February 20th (please confirm annually as due dates may vary depending on holidays).