RENTERS’ REBATE FOR ELDERLY/DISABLED
Renters who are elderly or totally disabled, and whose incomes does not exceed certain limits, may be eligible for a rebate from the state of CT. Renters' rebates can be up to $900 for married couples and $700 for single persons. The renters' rebate amount is based on a graduated income scale and the amount of rent and utility payments (excluding telephone) paid in 2013.
When and where do I apply?
- April 1 to October 1, 2014 is the filing period for the Elderly or Disabled Tax Renters Rebate. An applicant must have been a Connecticut resident for any 12 months period prior to applying, have either reached the age of 65 by December 31, 2013 or be considered disabled by Social Security standards and be 18 years of age or older.
- To set up an appointment, please call Brookfield Social Services.
What do I need to apply?
- 2013 gross income below $34,100 if unmarried or $41,600 if married.
- A copy of your 2013 income tax return (if filed)
- Proof of all income for 2013 including Social Security, pension, V.A. pension, bank interest, stocks, bonds, rental income, etc.
- Proof of all housing expenses paid for 2013 such as: rent, electric, gas, and fuel bills (cancelled checks). Applications cannot be filed without all the necessary documentation being submitted.
- There is no asset limit but income from assets is counted.
Danbury Hospital - Dental Clinic
Do you have difficulty affording dental care? Good dental care is important for your overall health but perhaps you can’t stretch your income to cover the cost. Here is an affordable option through Danbury Hospital that offers routine and specialized dental care to all ages regardless of ability to pay.
- Located at Seifert and Ford Family Community Health Center
- 70 Main Street, Danbury, CT 06810
- Dental appointments: 203-791-5010
After booking an appointment, ask for the financial aid office to discuss payment options based on your financial situation.