Skip Navigation
Brookfield CT Home
This table is used for column layout.

More Items

Connecticut Emergency Alerting and Notification System

Social Services
. . . Neighbors helping Neighbors
Contact TypeContact Information
Social Services Coordinator/ Municipal Agent for the Elderly
Program Coordinator
100 Pocono Road
P.O. Box 5106
Brookfield, CT 06804
Mon- Fri 8:00 - 4:00
Home visits by appointment for homebound and disabled residents.

Please note: we are a small office and often busy with clients. We strongly suggest that you make an appointment so that we can be prepared for your visit.
We cannot always accomodate walk-ins
Additional Links:
Link to PageLink to PageLink to Page

Income-eligible renters who are elderly (65yrs.) or totally disabled (18-64 yrs.) may be eligible for a rebate from the state of CT.  Income and housing expenses determine the rebate amount.

What do I need to apply?
  • 2015 gross income below $35,200 if single or $42,900 if married.
  • A copy of your 2015 income tax return (if filed)
  • Proof of all income for 2015 including Social Security, pension, V.A. pension, bank interest, stocks, bonds, rental income, etc.  
  • Proof of all housing expenses paid for 2015 such as: rent, electric, gas, and fuel bills.
  • Must have been a Connecticut resident for any 12 months prior to applying.
When and where do I apply?
  • April 1 to October 1, 2016 is the filing period.
  • To set up an appointment, please call Brookfield Social Services (203-775-7312).

Reminder: Real Estate Tax CREDIT for Seniors

Real estate tax credit programs are available for eligible senior homeowners living in Brookfield.~ Please make sure you file each year.  You will need a copy of your 2015 Federal Income Tax return or year-end tax statements if you do not file a return.

  • The State Tax Credit: annual income limits ($35,200, single and $42,900, married). Applicants must be 65 years old by December 31, 2015 and must be property owner as of October 1, 2015.
  • The Town Tax Credit: annual income limits ($49,280 single, $60,060 married) with a net assessment of your principal residence, not exceeding $240,180.  Applicants must be current on real estate taxes and must have resided in the home for a period of five years.
  • Applications for these two credits are filed between Feb. 1st and May 13, 2016 at the Brookfield Town Assessor’s office.~ Please check with the Assessor’s Office (203-775-7302) or Brookfield’s website ( for further details.

Mission Statement
The Brookfield Social Services Department provides assistance to individuals and families of all ages who live in Brookfield. The department offers services and referrals as well as assistance in applying for local, state and federal social services programs. Our mission is to help residents meet basic human needs while providing support and services to maximize independence.

100 Pocono Road, Brookfield, CT 06804
Phone: (203) 775-7300