To enrich our community by responsibly managing the public's money and creating an atmosphere of pride through mutual support and exceptional service.
The Finance Department functions are performed on behalf of and in cooperation with the First Selectman and the Town Treasurer.
- Makes payments for services of employees
- Makes payments for goods and services of vendors
- Record receipts
- Monitors all non-tax receivables and grants
- Investment of idle cash on a short-term basis
- Coordinates preparation of capital and operating budgets for town departments and the Board of Education
- Provides financial progress reports to various boards and town departments
- Maintains a system of accounts used by town departments as prescribed by the Board of Finance
Capital Assets and Debt Administration
- Arranges short-term notes and bonds for operating and capital needs that are approved by the voters
- Monitors procedures to safeguard capital assets
- Administers various general liability insurance policies
The Town of Brookfield Finance Department is responsible for effectively spending and investing resources provided by the Town’s taxpayers.
Generally, at the beginning of each calendar year, the Department produces an annual report of Brookfield’s use of these resources as of the end of the most recent fiscal year ending in June.