If You See Something,
The Commission on Aging meets on the the first Wednesday of each month at 12:00pm.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Commission on Aging deals with situations and problems specifically affecting senior citizens. The commission identifes and operates programs such as Meals on Wheels to meet these needs.
The Commission on Aging seeks to enhance the lives of present and future generations of our town’s older citizens (individuals fifty-five years or older). The commission proposes and evaluates programs and services for older citizens in Brookfield and assists the town in the development, initiation, coordination and implementation of programs and services for older citizens.
To improve the quality of life of Brookfield’s older citizens, the Commission on Aging will:
• Identify the needs of older citizens
• Raise public awareness of the needs of older citizens
• Proactively pursue innovative and effective activities, services, and supports and then provide leadership, marshal resources and build alliances with public and private groups in relation to housing, economics, employment, education, transportation, health, social services and recreation.
• Provide education and outreach to the entire Brookfield community about issues facing older citizens and about programs available to older citizens through the local and state agencies reporting to the Commission.
• Make recommendations concerning services for older Brookfield citizens to the Board of Selectmen and to the Annual Town Meeting.